If the sun’s scorching heat was not enough to drain you, the blazing and endless pressure of work is still waiting for you. We all are tired of the abundance of work ahead of us. Office-work, studies or household chores, we all need a break once in a while. And when is a better time than now? The summer is here, and it is time to take a break and go for a mini vacation, over the weekend! So here are the top 5 Weekend Getaways from the busy, working city of Delhi.
- Sacred Ajmer: In need of some spiritual peace? A 394-kilometre drive from Delhi to Ajmer will lead you to a divine experience waiting for you. From Dargah Shariff mosque to the Nasiyan Jain Temple. There are many sacred experiences in store for you in Ajmer, Rajasthan. However, you can also explore many historic places like the Akbar’s Palace & Museum.
- Majestic Jaipur: Merely 4 hours away from Delhi (By road), is the pink city. The capital city of Rajasthan, is one of the most beautiful places that you cannot miss. Architectural sensations, forts, and palaces will give you a peek into the Rajputana Grandeur. Distract yourself from the busy life, and indulge in this exquisite city’s magnificence.
- Awe-inspiring Agra: Talking about visiting the most iconic places, Agra has one the most enchanting places. It is the symbol of love, and one of the seven wonders of the world; yes you got it right, it is the Taj Mahal. Seeing the Taj Mahal itself, is a treat to the eye, let alone visiting it. Many hotels in Agra, like the Radisson Blu, that has a rooftop infinity pool, overviewing the beautiful sunset, and of course, the Taj Mahal. There are many hotels in Agra that can provide a beautiful view of the monument but at a high cost. Therefore, if you are looking for budget hotels in Agra, ‘Usha Kiran Palace’ and ‘Hotel Ravi Palace’ are the ones that can fit in a budget 1000-1500 INR. However, the budget hotels in Agra do demand a sacrifice in view, comfort and service.
- Get your mind blown in Mathura: The birthplace of Lord Krishna is an ecclesiastical town based in Uttar Pradesh. Mathura is jewelled with an abundance of temples, shrines, Ghats, and kunds. You have to visit Mathura to excavate the divine powers it has lingering with its beautiful, legendary and mythical stories, engraved on every wall of the city.
- An Escape to Shimla: This divine hill station destination, was made for city-people like us, who are looking forward to getting away from the blistering heat. Enjoy the secluded city’s cold, and snow. Wallow in activities like ice-skating, ice-skiing, mountain trek, mountain climbing, and various other adventure sports. All you have to do is drive 359 km, to this elevated, picturesque city. This is, what you would call paradise!
Rejoice in a trip to one of these pep locations, that you could escape, for your summer getaway from Delhi.
Lisha is an avid reader, writer, and a Philomath, who seeks solace in novels and movies. She is too silent and awkward in person, so she weaves webs of words that sound like stories and traps her readers. She is not a fan of clichés and even though, she is accused of thinking “too” out-of-the-box, she doesn’t believe that there is anything like that. Ideas and thoughts cannot be measured or limited.